Friday, May 18, 2012

World Englishes


Learning about the different types of English is an important part of our subject. Most of you strive to have a British or an American accent, and you do really well! However, I should mention that Indian-English is also an accepted English accent! Wouldn't it be fun if some of you wanted to talk Indian English? London is, like New York, a melting pot of different cultures, and particularly many people from India, Pakistan and Bangladesh. Listen to this funny salesman at a market in London, singing to attract costumers like he was a part of a Bollywood movie! I will definately go to see him the next time I´m in London.

Talking about Bollywood, here is the song me and my husband did our wedding dance to. It is from one of the most famous love movies in India, and you probably do not understand a word!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear your thoughts, leave a comment!