Monday, May 7, 2012

Monsoon Wedding

I would like to recommend this film to you. An important part of what we teach you in English is knowledge of the English speaking world. In India you can see many traces of colonial times. India was, as you all know, said to be the jewel of the British empire. We have also talked a lot about India when we studied Hinduism in RLE. It is such a diverse country, and the differences between the rich and the poor are enormous. This film gives you insight into several sides of Indian culture, as an upper-middle class familly plans the wedding of their daughter. It was difficult to find a trailer that does the film justice. Although it may seem like it, this is not just a romantic comedy. Trust me: this film is beautiful.

I would love to discuss this with you! I own it, and you are more than welcome to borrow it from me, just let me know! If you do decide to watch it, I'll plan a lunch break where we can discuss it- I promise I'll bring hot chocolate. This goes for all the students who read this blog, I know several from other classes read it as well. Feel free to join!

Since we are already in the romantic corner, this marriage proposal is very cute.

1 comment:

  1. I'd like to borrow it, discuss it over hot chocolate! Merete

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear your thoughts, leave a comment!