Friday, May 4, 2012

Express yourselves!


Today we start presenting your group work on Human Rights. When we brainstormed this subject in the D-class, I told you how surprising it is that almost no one talks about article 29-1, that in addition to all the rights you have you also have duties. I believe, as I told you, it should be an absolute (moral) duty to use the right to vote. I do not care what you vote, as long as you go and hand in your ballot (when you are old enough of course.)

When visiting the NYC library to see the exhibition on Percey and Mary Shelly (I will tell you about them later) I came across this card with a quote by Percy Shelly on it, and I immediatley thought of you. Your voices are so important and school is a wonderful arena to share them with others. To make sure you all remember this, I took a card for each and every one of you (they were free, I did not steal). You'll get them Monday. Pin it somewhere where you'll see it all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear your thoughts, leave a comment!