Wednesday, April 25, 2012

VS. On New York

VS.

I am leaving you today, to go to New York! I have scheduled posts for the days I'm gone, so you don't have to worry. If I manage, maybe I'll post you some pics from NYC as well. New York is, in my opinion, an absolutely fantastic city. Many people feel the same way, and countless songs have been written about it. Here are two, one old and one newer.

Which do you prefer? Do you hear that Jay-Z is making a reference to the Sinatra song in the beginning of the song? I told you it's a good idea to read and listen to old stuff!

Do you know other famous songs about New York, or other American cities?


(Here is one about Chicago by Kanye West feat. Chis Martin. Isn't it cool? I love it. It sounds like a love-song to a girl, but it is really about Chicago. Do you see any references to the city?)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, lucky you!! New York is my absolute favourite city in the world!!

    Enjoy the vacation and drink a Starbuck's for me;-)

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear your thoughts, leave a comment!