Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Gender-neutral Toy Stores


I came across this article in The Guardian this summer, and I found it interesting. Whenever you walk into a regular toy store, you can immediately spot which direction to go just by looking at the colors. In the pink section you will find the girls' toys, and the boys' section will be darker, maybe dominated by blue. Some stores even divide the store into "boys" and "girls". Read this article and tell me what you think: is this a good way to avoid labeling toys as stereotypical "boys" and "girls"-stuff, or are we just fooling ourselves?

I have to admit, I would LOVE to see more girls like the one in the Lego commercial above, without the puffy pink dresses.

The article is found here.

Pic from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear your thoughts, leave a comment!