Monday, September 10, 2012

Nothing Good Gets Away.


Many of you have probably not (yet) heard about John Steinbeck, but trust me: you will. He is a very famous author. However, the letter he has written that I'm about to show you, has nothing to do with fame. Steinbeck's teenage son, going to school away from home, has fallen in love and told his father. In a letter, Steinbeck gives his advice on love.

This is his reply.

I love this, because he takes his son so seriously. People tend to write off teenager's relationships as "puppy love" even though we all know that you are capable of falling just as hard in love as an adult is. Have your parents given you any good advice on love? Share with me. I want to make sure I never underestimate my boys when they fall in love.

Talking about Steinbeck, here are six REALLY good tips on how to write from Steinbeck himself.

Pic from here.

2 comments:

I want to hear your thoughts, leave a comment!